Monday, April 13, 2009


I spoke to Dr. Rocha, the oncologist today. We need to wait until the pathology reports come back on the tumor, lymph node and bladder mass before determining what to do next for Chandler. Radiation will have no effect on the bladder mass if it is cancerous, it will only be for the melanoma. However, before we can even begin that, the wound has to heal completely, so at least 10 days to 2 weeks.

Ethan and I were prepared to cancel our pending vacation because of Chandler's health. If starting the radiation when we were gone would make a difference in his prognosis, it would have been a no brainer. But, Dr. Rocha said that we could start it when we return without it hampering his recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment